Departure Time: 08:30am
This will be adjusted for late arrival cruise ships, pick up/departure time will be confirmed upon booking!
Full Tour Description:
Join a journey of discovery with this full-day combo tour from Tauranga. Experience geysers, mud pools and steam vents with Maori culture! Not to forget the infamous Haka War dance. This is performed by one of Rotorua's leading Maori cultural performance groups. Encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells and marvel at the way the Maori's have tamed this land for there own purpose. After which visit a highly regarded restaurant for a two course meal with tea or coffee included. After lunch we travel to Agrodome which for over 40 years, visitors from all over the globe have come to see the world-famous farm show starring a cast of talented animal The famous show has been so enjoyed over the years that they have been invited to perform in many countries and at many significant international events.
Your driver/guide will meet you in the morning at the port of Tauranga and take you along the beautiful coastline of Mount Maunganui. See kiwifruit orchards and lush countryside as you drive for around 75 minutes to Rotorua. Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua and stop at the Whakarewarewa Valley (with geysers, steam vents and mud pools).
Your small group will have an official Maori guide in order to experience this fascinating tour of the valley intimately. See geysers, mud pools, and mineral springs and learn about Māori culture while watching a traditional Maori cultural performance. Hear and experience the rhythmic chant of the Haka (traditional war Performance). You are invited to share in their everyday life. experience the sights, smells and observe first hand a unique cultural way of living amongst geothermal wonders. Steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years. You'll also gain insight into the features of Māori carvings and structures which have deep cultural significance and of course observe the legendary Pōhutu Geyser, the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) as often as 20 times per day.
All inclusive Deluxe Lunch
Next you will be taken for a two course lunch, at one of Rotorua's Highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu).
The Legendary Agrodome Farm Show!
Get ready for a fun-packed time of entertainment and education for the whole family… the legendary Agrodome Farm Show! You’ll hear amazing facts and have a few laughs as you’re introduced to 19 breeds of sheep. Then, witness a live sheep shearing demonstration and a fun sheep auction with bidding from the floor and audience participation. But the animal stars are not just sheep. The remarkable farm dogs will amaze you, as they demonstrate their ability to respond to commands and keep those sheep (and ducks!) in line!
If a hands-on experience is what you want, jump up on stage for the opportunity to feed the baby lambs or even hand-milk a cow! Then this is the show for you.
You will have access to the Farmyard Nursery, home to the smallest, cutest animals at the Agrodome. Pet and have your photo taken with cute lambs and other baby farm animals. Then pop across to the herding area to watch a free live dog trial after the show!
You will be returned back to your ship in plenty of time after a fascinating day of discovery and a few laughs along the way.
- Entrance fees
- Cultural show performance
- 2-course lunch with choice of menu followed with unlimited tea or coffee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Snack Pack of New Zealand Treats
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Culture & history tour Lunch and then a fun filled afternoon
- Small group Luxury 2016/17 vehicle
- Personal Driver/guide
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
- Instant Confirmation
- Guaranteed return to ship on time every time!
- This tour includes pickup, transport, entrance fees to both Agrodome and Whakarewarewa Valley,
- Guided tours to both venues and includes the cultural performance (including the Haka)
- Two Course Lunch with Tea or Coffee
- Cold bottled water, with return drop off back at the wharf.
- Adult $180.00 NZD
- Child $167.00 NZD
- Booking in advance is essential! to secure your seats.
- Click date of departure then click "book now" where additional adults or children can be added to the tour!
Shore Excursions cancellation policy:
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If for whatever reason your ship is not able to dock on the day of your excursion then all monies paid will be refunded!