Departure Time: 08:30am
This will be adjusted for late arrival cruise ships, pick up/departure time will be confirmed upon booking!
Bring your swimwear and towel for a luxurious, relaxing day to remember. Your driver/guide will meet you in the morning at the port of Tauranga and drive you along the beautiful coastline of Mount Maunganui. Take in the breathtaking scenery, abundance of coffee shops, small boutiques and one of the best beaches in New Zealand. We leave the beach and head into the countryside taking in the sights along the way. See kiwifruit orchards, stunning lakes, deep dark forestry and the first hints of the geothermal area we are heading too.
"Te Whakarewarewa Valley"
Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua and stop at the Whakarewarewa Valley. You will have an official Maori guide in order to experience this fascinating tour of the valley intimately. See erupting geysers, bubbling mud pools, and hot mineral springs and take your seats for a Maori cultural performance like no other, hear the traditional song and dance including the fearsome Haka, performed by NZ Sporting teams. A show not to be missed. Experience the sights, smells and observe first-hand a unique cultural way of living among geothermal wonders. Learn about a culture that is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years. You'll also gain insight into the features of Maori carvings and structures which have deep cultural significance, and of course observe the legendary Pōhutu Geyser. This is the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) and as often as 20 times per day.
"Deluxe Lunch Included"
Next you will be taken for a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu).
"The Polynesian Spa Hot Pools"
You will then move on to the next venue The Polynesian Spa. An internationally acclaimed spa facility, so you can pamper yourself in hot mineral pools. The Spa is a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, discover why people have flocked to these waters since the 1800s. Here you can experience the private elite facilities of the geothermal hot mineral waters, which are sourced from two natural springs and feed into 28 hot mineral pools. Three Priest slightly acidic mineral hot pools spring waters relieve tired muscles, aches and pains, while three cascading alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin. Soak in 40oC alkaline mineral hot pools while overlooking Lake Rotorua. Reflexology walkways to stimulate pressure points in your feet that correspond to all major body areas - encouraging energy and blood flow throughout your body. There is spacious changing rooms and showers with private cubicle.
You will be returned back to your ship in plenty of time after a decadent day of discovery and luxury pleasures. Time to say we will wish you bon voyage and safe travel.
- Culture & history tour Lunch and then an afternoon of decedence
- Small group Luxury 2016/17 vehicle
- Personal Driver/guide
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance fees
- Cultural show performance
- 2-course lunch with choice of menu followed with unlimited tea or coffee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Snack Pack of New Zealand Treats
- Guaranteed return to ship on time every time!
- This tour includes pickup, transport, entrance fees to both Whakarewarewa Valley and the Polynesian Spa.
- Official Whakarewarewa Valley Maori guide is included.
- Adult $180.00NZD - minimum age of 15 yrs only
- Booking in advance is essential! to secure your seats.
- Click date of departure then click "book now" where additional adults can be added!
- Cold bottled water, with return drop off back at the wharf.
- Click date of departure then click "book now" where additional adults can be added to the tour!
Shore Excursions cancellation policy:
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If for whatever reason your ship is not able to dock on the day of your excursion then all monies paid will be refunded!