The Hobbiton Evening Banquet Tour
Rotorua/Matamata Pick up and drop off
We Pick-up from Rotorua accomodation in the late afternoon and make our way north on a one hour drive into New Zealand’s "King Country" Waikato Region. The lush countryside and idyllic landscape of the area provided backdrop for many scenes of Peter Jackson’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ trilogies.
We arrive at dusk in time for the guided evening tour of the Shire. Your guide at the Hobbiton Movie Set will then walk you through the 12-acre site, giving informative commentary on how the site was conceived and designed.
The initial tour concludes at The Green Dragon Inn with ample time to relax in front of the open fires enjoying a complimentary beverage from the exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing range then immersive yourself in a unique hobbit banquet experience at the Green Dragon Inn, fit for a Hobbit!
The tables will be full of traditional Hobbit fare and as is the tradition in The Shire, second helpings are encouraged.
Then wash it all down with beverage exclusively crafted from the Hobbit South Farthing range.
To conclude this premium Hobbiton Movie Set experience, after dinner the guests will rejoin their guide to make their way back through the wandering paths of the Shire.
The trails will be illuminated by path lighting and each guest will receive an authentic handheld lantern to light the way. This stunning journey under moonlight will travel through the village breathtakingly lit up with Hobbit hole chimney’s smoking and lanterns glowing against the darkness.
Typical Hobbit fayre:
- Selection of house made breads and condiments
- Golden roast chicken
- House smoked salmon fillet
- Beef and ale casserole with herb and cheddar dumplings
- Slow cooked lamb shanks on bubble and squeak with gravy
- Cumberland sausages with tomato relish
- Selection of roast vegetables
- Garlic and thyme roasted potatoes
- Golden kumara tnash
- Garlic and butter braised mushrooms
- Roast pumpkin stuffed with chargrilled succotash
- Fresh green salad
- Fig and apricot bakewells
- Berry and pear lattice tarts
- Baked apples with cranberry and dates
- Lime and ginger cheese cakes
- Fresh fruit
- Cheese and crackers
The evening ends with return Transport to your Rotorua hotel or accommodation.