Departure Time: 08:15am - 09.00am - 10.00am-11.00am-12.00am
This will be adjusted for arrival/departure times of your cruise ships.
Pick up/departure time will be confirmed upon booking!
"Te Whakarewarewa Valley"
This tour is a eye-opening experience to witness first hand the geothermal forces that lie underneath this land and where the only place in the world, where the Maori people not only live amongst the geothermal, but use it in their everyday life's, to cook, bathe and heat their homes.
We also visit lots of highlights in the area, plus a visit to a kiwifruit orchard. A perfect day out for all ages!!
On arrival at the port, we will meet you just outside the gates. We first take you on a sight seeing drive of Mount Maunganui where you will see the beautiful coastline and one of the best beaches in New Zealand, see the abundant coffee shops, cafes, small boutiques and breath taking scenery, not forgetting the infamous" Mount" which this area is named after. After leaving the beachfront we head into the countryside as we make our way to Rotorua. We journey through lush countryside traveling by stunning lakes, deep forestry and the first hints of the geothermal area we are traveling too.
In Rotorua, your friendly guide – a local Maori descendant of early Maori guides who have shaped tourism in New Zealand for generations – will take you on a tour and experience an authentic village where people live daily using the natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes. Then walk around a strange and unforgiving landscape and journey where history, culture, and nature collide; where local Maori’s showcase their vibrant Maori culture in a performance of dance and song - a show not to be missed! Even the architecture tells a story with Maori carvings and structures that hold deep cultural significance's. You will see large mud pools, steam vents, boiling pools and geysers including the largest in the southern hemisphere. Learn how the residents utilize and respect the ever-changing forces beneath their land.
Next you will be taken for a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants with unlimited teas and coffee and a choice of menu.
Rotorua Highlight's and Kiwi Fruit Orchard
After leaving the village, we then drive to Rotorua lake front with its many black swans, The Tudor-style museum, Fragrant and beautiful rose gardens, The Blue Baths and Rachel's springs.
Then stop at the Redwood forest to experience the giants and the peaceful atmosphere they create. Learn about the silver fern and its relevance as the symbol of New Zealand.
Leaving Rotorua we make one last stop to visit a working kiwi fruit orchard, to learn how this wondrous fruit became established here in New Zealand. Surprisingly it's not a native plant but an interesting story explains it all! You will have the chance to taste test different varieties and discover numerous products made from kiwis, while learning a little knowledge about why this fruit thrives here!
We head back to the port and where we wish you bon voyage !
- Culture & Highlight's tour
- Official Maori Guide around Te Whakarewarewa
- Small Group Deluxe tour
- Personal Driver/guide with onboard commentary
- Entrance fees & Cultural show performance
- Two Course Lunch with Unlimited Teas and Coffee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Cold Bottled NZ Water
- Guaranteed return to ship on time every time!
- This tour includes pickup, transport, entrance fees to Te Whakarewarewa Valley
- Official guides and includes the cultural performance (including the Haka)
- Adult $135.00 NZD
- Child $120.00 NZD
- Booking in advance is essential! to secure your seats.
- Click date of departure then click "book now" where additional adults or children can be added to the tour!
Shore Excursions cancellation policy:
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.